Helpful Sites

The sites below provide further information about the City's required documents:

Helpful Sites
Seller's Permit 
If you plan on selling any goods or products in the State of California, you will need a Seller's Permit from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration

An employer identification number (EIN) is assigned by the IRS that acts as your Federal Tax ID. EINs are used by many types of business entities to hire employees, pay federal taxes, opening a bank account and apply for a business license.

Fictitious Business Name (DBA)
If the business name you will be using does not include your surname (last name), you are using a saying or made-up name then you would have to file for a DBA in the county which your business will be located. When applying for a DBA, a public statement of the business name will be published in a local newspaper to give the public the opportunity to view it. 

Secretary of State
If you would like your business to be an LLC or a Corporation then you would need to file it with the Secretary of State.

Redondo Beach Municipal Code
You can find more detailed information about the City's requirements in the Redondo Beach Municipal Code, which establishes the City's business licensing requirements. You can refer to City of Redondo Beach Municipal Code Title 6 (Business, Professions and Trades), Chapter 1-Business Licensing.

border image