Home Occupation

If you will be conducting work from your home, please complete the following:

The following documents must be submitted with your Business License Application. Some documents may not be applicable.

  • Copy of the Seller's Permit
  • Copy of IRS letter Verifying Tax ID (EIN) Number
  • Copy of Fictitious Business Name (DBA) filing with LA County Registrar-Recorder Office
  • Copy of Statement of Information filed with the CA Secretary of State if business entity is a Corporations or Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • Copy of any Occupational License from the State of CA (lawyer, doctor, accountant, real estate, etc)

Applications can be emailed to BLMAIL@REDONDO.ORG or can be completed in person at the Business License Counter. 
After Licensing has processed your application, you will receive an email with payment instructions. 

Tax and Fee Rates for Home Occupation
Home Occupation Status
BL Tax + SB1186 Fee
Part-Time Occupation
$50 + $4 SB 1186 Fee*
Full-Time Occupation
$99 + $4 SB 1186 Fee*
* SB 1186 Fees are subject to change
border image