District 2 - Todd Loewenstein Mayor Pro Tem
Todd Loewenstein has served as a Redondo Beach City Council Member for District 2 since 2017 and was re-elected in 2021. Before his election as a City Council Member, he served on the Redondo Beach Unified School District Board of Education from 2005-2013 and was elected School Board President twice. He was one of the leaders of the election committee for Measure C, the 2008 school bond which modernized Redondo schools. Todd also helped lead the fight against Measure B’s overdevelopment of the AES Power Plant site in 2015.
In his professional life, Loewenstein serves as the Senior Industry Strategy Manager, Media and Entertainment, for Akamai Technologies, the largest streaming and content delivery network. His responsibilities include developing strategy for the company’s Cloud, Security, and Content Delivery services for many of the world's largest media and entertainment companies. He has more than 25 years of experience in the content delivery, content management and digital rights management industries.
Todd Loewenstein earned an MBA in Marketing from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota and a BA from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
In his spare time, he loves world travel, having traveled to more than 50 countries, spending time at the beach with his family, and cheering on his beloved Michigan Wolverines and St. Louis Cardinals.
NEIGHBORHOOD DISTRICT MEETINGS
Council Member Todd Loewenstein holds periodic district meetings to provide you with an opportunity to talk with him on issues that are important to you.
When: Monday, February 26, 2024 from 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Where: Click here to register.
After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
DELEGATE / ALTERNATE ASSIGNMENTS:
- Los Angeles County City Selection Committee, Alternate
- Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts, Alternate
- Clean Power Alliance Board of Directors, Alternate
- Redondo Beach Community Financing Authority, Vice Chair
- Redondo Beach Parking Authority, Vice Chair
- Redondo Beach Housing Authority, Vice Chair
- Redondo Beach Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency, Vice Chair
- Redondo Beach Public Finance Authority, Vice Chair
- Education Sub-Committee City and School District, Delegate
- Redondo Beach Round Table, Honorary Member
- Redondo Beach Sister Cities Committee, Alternate